When osteoarthritis of the knee joint appears, treatment with folk remedies is an effective measure in the fight against the disease. But all funds should be used only after an agreement with the attending physician.
As you know, osteoarthritis is a disease of the joints that leads to the slow destruction of the cartilage tissue of the joint. This is due to the fact that there is a change in the endings of the bones, leading to their inflammation. The disease has a large percentage of spread throughout the world and ranks third, behind oncological and cardiovascular diseases.
Both men and women are equally susceptible to this disease. The onset of the disease is observed at the age of approximately 30 years and the percentage of its manifestation increases every year.
According to experts, the main reasons for knee osteoarthritis are: metabolic disorders, hormonal disorders, decreased blood movement in the joint, hereditary factors, old age, various injuries and even psoriasis.
In addition, the factors that influence the development of this disease can be:
- the fullness of a person, which puts additional stress on the joints;
- inflammatory processes in the joint (for example, in acute purulent arthritis);
- poor quality food;
- hemophilia, syphilis, tuberculosis and other diseases;
- diseases associated with the thyroid gland, persistent acute respiratory infections, extensive intoxication of the body.
The main symptoms of this disease are: pain during stress in the joints, decreased mobility, the appearance of a crunch and a feeling of tension in the muscle tissue in the joint area, its swelling.
Treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee joint should be carried out as soon as the symptoms of the disease appear, it is carried out in a complex and pathogenic way. In complex treatment, anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs are used, alternating with physiotherapeutic procedures, it is possible to use healing mud and mineral water. The main task of treating arthrosis of the knee joint is to eliminate the factors that contribute to its development.
Folk home remedies for osteoarthritis of the knee joint.
Along with medical methods, it is possible to cure osteoarthritis at home using traditional methods. There are many of them.
Let's take a look at some of them.
- Dandelion flower treatment. Every day you need to eat 5 dandelion flowers, washed with boiled water. You can make an infusion. For these purposes, take 5 bottles with dark glass and fill them halfway with flowers, and fill the remaining space with triple cologne. Insist in a dark place for 1 month and rub your knees before going to bed. For treatment, you need to dry the leaves, which are then filled with boiling water. Every day 1 tablespoon. l. This mixture should be chewed for as long as it takes to complete the 3, 000 steps. Such treatment with folk remedies is quite effective.
- How to deal with hydrogen peroxide. This way you can get rid of pain and cramps. You should drink hydrogen peroxide according to this principle: every day add 1 drop, and bringing your amount to 20, start reducing to a minimum, that is. up to 1 drop. Then a month off.
- A shitty compress is a helper in fighting pain. The traditional treatment of osteoarthritis with horseradish is known to many, it is distinguished by its effectiveness and very cheap. The horseradish root is crushed on a grater and steamed in a saucepan with water, which is brought to a simmer. The resulting mixture is placed on an infused pre-moistened canvas, which is applied to sore spots.
- Alternative methods include an iodine compress. According to the elderly, home remedies for osteoarthritis of the knee joints are more effective than the methods of traditional medicine. Such a remedy is a mixture of 5% iodine solution, 10% ammonia solution, flower honey, medical bile and glycerin. All ingredients are taken in equal parts, mixed and infused for a decade in a dark place. After this time, the mixture is stirred and the required amount is heated in a water bath. Before going to bed, a broth-soaked napkin is applied to the sore spots and insulated with cellophane and woolen cloth.
How to cure the disease with cabbage?
A good helper in the fight against pain in this disease is cabbage, to a greater extent its leaves, which are used both fresh and in the form of compresses. Both methods are very effective and excellent in the treatment of osteoarthritis.
Cabbage juice reduces pain. It is obtained in the following way. A medium-sized head of cabbage is cut into pieces and transferred to an enameled container, as the metal can rust and release harmful substances into the juice. The cabbage is then fully kneaded with a pusher and passed through a juicer. The resulting juice moistens the woolen fabric until it is completely impregnated. This tissue is then applied to the damaged joint. The procedure is done before bedtime. The shelf life of the finished juice is no more than 3 days and should be stored in a dark place.
Cabbage leaves are also used. To make a compress, the first large leaves, which are juicier, are removed from the large cabbage. The inner parts of the leaves are smeared with floral honey and this side is applied to the sore joints. All of this is insulated with plastic wrap and a woolen cloth and left overnight. In the morning, the compress is removed and the remaining honey is removed with hot water. The compress is applied every day for a month.
What else is used in treatment?
Rubbing with helenium will help relieve joint pain. To prepare it, you need to carefully mix 50 g of the root of this plant with 125 ml of vodka. The resulting solution is allowed to infuse in a dark place for two weeks. After this period, rubbing is applied to the sore spots. Rubbing is done every day until the pain sensations completely disappear.
Oat flakes, which are found in almost every home, are very effective in treating this disease.
The oatmeal compress is fairly easy to make and the process takes very little time. What needs to be done for this? 4-5 st. l. oatmeal is poured with water that boils in advance. Then the porridge is put on the fire and for 6-8 minutes. simmered. The oats should have a slimy consistency. It is then placed on wool, cotton or linen cloth, which is then applied to the sore spot at night. The compress is wrapped in polyethylene and fixed to the body with a bandage. The porridge must be boiled before each compress, since after a day it loses its medicinal properties.
Simple but effective ways
Treatment of osteoarthritis with kefir and eggshell. This compress normalizes the functioning of the diseased joint. For him, the eggshell is ground into powder and mixed with kefir. The amount of kefir should be such that a thick substance is obtained. It is placed on a linen cloth, which is then rolled into an "envelope", applied to the sore joint, isolated with plastic wrap, and fixed on the leg. The compress is applied every day, the application time is from 2 to 2, 5 hours.
Compress with chalk and yogurt. Common chalk, which is also ground into a powder, has the same medicinal properties as egg shells. Kefir or any fermented dairy product (for example, sour cream or yogurt) is added to it. All components are mixed thoroughly and applied to a sore spot. All of this is insulated with a polyethylene film or cellophane bag and left overnight. After removing the compress, the residue is removed with a damp cloth. This chalk compress relieves pain well, has a beneficial effect on blood circulation in a sore joint, and removes swelling.
Pine treatment. Pine contains many beneficial substances, including ester oils, which can relax sore legs and reduce pain. For the treatment of osteoarthritis, the needles of the plant are used, which are used for baths. To get such a healing bath, you will need a certain number of pine branches with needles, as well as several Jerusalem artichokes, cut into small pieces. The components are immersed in a hot water bath. Turpentine (1 teaspoon), sea salt (1 kg), honey (2 tablespoons) are also added there. The time spent in the bathroom is about 20 minutes. Then the skin is thoroughly cleaned with a towel, and a network of iodine is drawn from the area of the sore joint, and the place is smeared with honey. There also a steamed mesh of internal pork fat is applied. Course of treatment: every day for 2 weeks.
Onion decoctions. The use of this remedy will help forever to say goodbye to both osteoarthritis and osteochondrosis, arthritis and gout. 2 large onions are peeled and cut. Then the components are boiled in 1 liter of distilled water until the onion is completely cooked. The broth is taken in 1 glass 3 times a day before meals. Treatment course: 1 month.
Hay baths. These baths are done for severe pain. Take hay powder (3-5 handfuls) and fill with water at a temperature of 100ORC, the container is covered with a lid and cooled to 30ORC. Then the solution is poured into the bath. Duration of the procedure: 0, 5 hours Course of treatment: every day for 2 weeks.
All the above recipes and tips will help you in the fight against such an unpleasant disease as arthrosis of the knee joints.